Colorado Rodmakers Reunion 2005
******
The following biographies were posted on the rodmakers list and compiled by Ralph Moon. They have not been edited except to remove e-mail addresses. Contact me at the following link to add, delete, or edit your biography. I will forward all changes to Todd Talsma so he can include them on the tips site as well.

David Bolin
Contact me

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Ray Wright

Better late than never? My name is Ray Wright and I live in south central Colorado. I have farmed here in Colorado's San Luis Valley for 35 years, fished the Rio Grande for most of that and have been building rods for 2 years now. My late father bought me my first bamboo flyrod when I was in eighth grade and I fished it for many years until haste and neglect got the better of it. Remembering it fondly I undertook the process of learning how bamboo is converted into a rod. Harry's online tutorial proved that it wasn't rocket science and Maurer and Elsner's book provided all the information I needed for the first one. The only other local builder, Chad Wigham provided advice and encouragement. I took number18 out of the string this morning, and I'm looking forward to another fishing season. My father died when I was 28, 28 years ago, and a fine man kept company with my mother for 18 years until she passed away in 2008. I'm giving away rod #16 to him when he comes over for supper tonite. I guess that will complete some sort of circle. Thank you Ralph for the effort in compilation. Ray