Colorado Rodmakers Reunion 2005
******
The following biographies were posted on the rodmakers list and compiled by Ralph Moon. They have not been edited except to remove e-mail addresses. Contact me at the following link to add, delete, or edit your biography. I will forward all changes to Todd Talsma so he can include them on the tips site as well.

David Bolin
Contact me

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Ray Taylor

My name is Ray Taylor and I am a new comer to the list. My wife and I live in Washington State in the little town of White Salmon. Work requires that I travel a great deal but it also affords time with friends and family. My introduction to rod building came from reading a series of articles by Harry Boyd. Since this inspiration I have built several rods, and I just finished a 2 piece 2 tip quad blank that will be used to support tomatoes in the spring. I enjoy seeing the rods built by list members, the elegance and craftsmanship encourages me to set my standards higher. I started fly fishing by exploring the small streams outside of Bishop California with encouragement from my parents. I used an 8 ½' fiberglass 7 wt. that was poorly suited for this type of fishing. Luckily I didn't know any better. I now fish the local streams in the Cascades where a 7' to 8' bamboo rod is ideal. While I still appreciate the action of a good fiberglass rod, I like the action, feel, and beauty of bamboo even more.