Colorado Rodmakers Reunion 2005
******
The following biographies were posted on the rodmakers list and compiled by Ralph Moon. They have not been edited except to remove e-mail addresses. Contact me at the following link to add, delete, or edit your biography. I will forward all changes to Todd Talsma so he can include them on the tips site as well.

David Bolin
Contact me

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Trey Matheu

My name is Trey Matheu. I have lived in SW Pennsylvania for the past 8 years, before that in Wyoming, Colorado, and Vermont. I have worked for the past 20 years or so in hospitality/resorts, so I was able to live in some great places, and was paid next to nothing to do so. I have always had a thing for tying flies, leaders, etc for fishing, and thought bamboo was the next natural step. About two years ago, I was looking at the auction site, and a builder from Pittsburgh was selling his equipment. I had just received my bonus at work and am a true believer in serendipity, I have spent the last two years very patiently learning each of the steps of the process. I have destroyed a few culms, have a 50 gallon trash can full of experiments, screw ups, and few bloodied scraps. I have no natural mechanical intuition and generally learn from doing (and doing again, and again). I completed my first glued up section on Monday after a marathon session. So thanks need to be given to the members of the list for helping to answer a slew of questions and helping the analytical part of the mind teach the physical body. Now I am past this stage, I hope to have a finished rod by 2012 or so... Trey