Colorado Rodmakers Reunion 2005
******
The following biographies were posted on the rodmakers list and compiled by Ralph Moon. They have not been edited except to remove e-mail addresses. Contact me at the following link to add, delete, or edit your biography. I will forward all changes to Todd Talsma so he can include them on the tips site as well.

David Bolin
Contact me

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Thomas Key

JP...Thanks for the Kudos, but the one who needs to be thanked is Tony Spezio. When I got started Tony invited me to his home and offered to teach me - of course he had no idea I live in California. As a result he offered to help me through emails until one day he got so frustrated with progress that he wrote "OK newbie, I see it's going to take more than emails to get you through this so send me your phone number." That started what was to become a good friendship and all Tony asked in return was that I "pay it forward" and help another "newbie" - that was you. For those of you who are still reading, what JP failed to mention was when Mr. Akimaru first agreed to take him on as a student he had JP split bamboo for weeks before being allowed to touch a plane to it. I told JP it was like "wax on, wax off" from The Karate Kid movie. No speed building allowed. I hope that someday JP and I will be able to rip a few lips on North American waters with our cane rods. Newbie Tom