Colorado Rodmakers Reunion 2005
******
The following biographies were posted on the rodmakers list and compiled by Ralph Moon. They have not been edited except to remove e-mail addresses. Contact me at the following link to add, delete, or edit your biography. I will forward all changes to Todd Talsma so he can include them on the tips site as well.

David Bolin
Contact me

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Steve Krumpos

I appreciate the opportunity to introduce myself. My
name is Steve Krumpos. I have been on the list for quite
a few years, but only posted a couple of times.

I am an 57 year old, aspiring rod builder living in the
Phoenix area with my wife, Catherine. We both love to fly
fish – especially with our children and grandchildren.

For the past several years, I have been acquiring the
necessary tools and building my shop. I promised myself
that if I was going to build fly rods – if just for myself
and my family and friends, I was going to do the best that
I could. To date, I have assembled most everything I
need, including a Morgan hand mill, JW beveller and rod
wrapper, a Wagner binder, Brett’s oven, an old South Bend
lathe, and even a press to make butt caps, rings, and
winding checks. My library contains as many different
volumes on rod building, as I can find.

I am now working on a design for my dip tube station.
Other than that, all I need is the time to start building
a rod! It seems that between work, family, and friends,
there is never enough time to work in the shop.

I want you all to know that I begin each day reading the
list, and end most the same way. I really enjoy all the
valuable information you guy’s so freely share! (I have
even acquired a taste for grits.) You all have been a
real inspiration.

Best regards, and tight lines, Steve