Colorado Rodmakers Reunion 2005
******
The following biographies were posted on the rodmakers list and compiled by Ralph Moon. They have not been edited except to remove e-mail addresses. Contact me at the following link to add, delete, or edit your biography. I will forward all changes to Todd Talsma so he can include them on the tips site as well.

David Bolin
Contact me

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Ron Larsen

Ok, I'll bite. I'm a retired electrical engineer. After
college and eight years in the Submarine Service I went to
work for a small machine tool company in Connecticut.
Thirty-two years later they made me an offer I couldn't
refuse. I retired at 58 and now I'm 66.

My dad started me in fly fishing in my teens, and I got
interested in rod building in 1973 after reading the
article about Hap Mills in The American Sportsman
Treasury, I said "hell, I can do that", little did I know.
My uncle in Ossining, NY gave me Everett Garrison's
address and we corresponded for several years. I finished
my first rod in '77, about the time of Garry's death.

In the years since, with blazing speed, I've managed to
finish 14 rods. I have as much fun building the tools to
go along with rodmaking. The twin granddaughters are now
six and their fly rods are next.

Ron Larsen
Vernon,Connecticut