Colorado Rodmakers Reunion 2005
******
The following biographies were posted on the rodmakers list and compiled by Ralph Moon. They have not been edited except to remove e-mail addresses. Contact me at the following link to add, delete, or edit your biography. I will forward all changes to Todd Talsma so he can include them on the tips site as well.

David Bolin
Contact me

Thursday, February 4, 2010

RL (Bob) Nunley

Ralph,I don't think I've ever sent one in, so here goes... I was born in southeast Oklahomain 1956. I spent most of my life there, but have lived in Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho and now in Arkansas. I'm retired from the US Air Force. While in the Air Force, I didn't get to "See the World" like the recruiter said! I spent most of my time stationed Texas, Colorado then Idaho. I received a service related injury while serving in the Air Force, so they retired me early. After my military retirement, I started repairing and restoring rods in the early 80's as a hobby while I attended college. It took me almost as long to get my first fly rod completed as it did to get my Engineering degree, but finally I my completed my first bamboo fly rod in April of 1988. I was a part time or hobbyist rodmaker until the late 1990's when I decided to pursue it full time. I've been making fly rods full time since then, except for a short retirement due to medical problems. I now live in North Central Arkansas near the White and North Fork rivers and have a shop located North of Mountain Home, Arkansas less than 10 minutes from some of the country's finest Blue Ribbon trout waters. While I love trout fishing and love making bamboo fly rods, I would have to say that my greatest accomplishment as a rod maker is the friends I've made in the bamboo community. RL "Bob" Nunley