Colorado Rodmakers Reunion 2005
******
The following biographies were posted on the rodmakers list and compiled by Ralph Moon. They have not been edited except to remove e-mail addresses. Contact me at the following link to add, delete, or edit your biography. I will forward all changes to Todd Talsma so he can include them on the tips site as well.

David Bolin
Contact me

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Nick Brett

Hi All, My Name is Nicholas Brett, Nick to all my friends. I live in the UK, just outside London. I started on the rod building process about 3 years ago. Followed the 'Thomas Penrose' guide on the web and built my own forms. I'm onto Rod number 3, a semi parabolic, 7'6" two piece, where I've successfully split for twin tips for the first time! I was pleased with Rod 1, really pleased with Rod 2, a Jim Payne Banty, just given the first varnish. I'm currently trying for an improvement on Rod 3. Built a beveler based on a router recently, working well now set up properly. I'm an engineer, I work for an American company, Medtronic, specialize in Deep Brain Stimulators, worked there for 7 years. I'm 39, wife two kids dog etc. Love bamboo, building rods, tools and reading about it. Started reading 'The Book' - fascinated me, just finished reading 'Casting a spell' for the second time - its a great book, Best regards Nick Brett