Colorado Rodmakers Reunion 2005
******
The following biographies were posted on the rodmakers list and compiled by Ralph Moon. They have not been edited except to remove e-mail addresses. Contact me at the following link to add, delete, or edit your biography. I will forward all changes to Todd Talsma so he can include them on the tips site as well.

David Bolin
Contact me

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Louis DeVos

My name is Louis DeVos. I live in Northern NJ (Chester) with a lovely wife, three kiddos, two cats, two dogs, and two (as of today) fish. I have been on this list for about 2.5 years, and rod making for 3 (11 rods so far). My first 10 years were spent in Europe, then Northwest Connecticut through high school, Washington DC through college/career start/marriage/kids 1 and 2, and then Jersey in 2005 and kid 3. I am a VP for a multi-family property management company, and my office is 6 minutes from my home (jealous anyone..?). My pet fishing-related peeve is when some meathead encroaches on the water I am working (and I hate to say it, and start a flame war, but they usually are not carrying a fly rod). This happens a bit in Jersey. I started fly fishing after "The Movie", and have been fortunate to fish many great rivers both East and West. I purchased my first boo rod (Orvis Midge) in 1998, but am not exactly sure what started my rod building adventure. I must thank many of you for help, but especially Tony L, Al B., and of course the starter of this thread! I enjoy trying different building techniques, and have built nodeless rods, ferrules, and soon wish to try my hand at impregnating (that always sounds a little weird) rods as well as hollowing or scalloping. I am fortunate to live near some good (for New Jersey) water, but find that I would rather build rods than fish (until I get to new water every other year when my family heads to Durango for a family reunion). Anyway, I love walks at dusk, candlelight dinners, great conversation, and someone who can make me laugh. Oops - wrong submission. Anyway, I would love to thank all of you who have made this award possible, but most especially my agent, my parents, the Academy, and most importantly, my wonderful fans!!!!. Oops - wrong awards speech. Thanks for starting this thread Harry.