Colorado Rodmakers Reunion 2005
******
The following biographies were posted on the rodmakers list and compiled by Ralph Moon. They have not been edited except to remove e-mail addresses. Contact me at the following link to add, delete, or edit your biography. I will forward all changes to Todd Talsma so he can include them on the tips site as well.

David Bolin
Contact me

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Joseph (Joe) Freeman

My name is Joseph (Joe) Freeman, I restore and refurbish
old Bamboo fly rods, and I am currently working on my
Planning forms, so I can start the process on my first
Bamboo. I currently own about 5 or 6 fishable bamboos.

I recently moved from Fayetteville Arkansas to Burnett
Washington, I really miss Arkansas. I was lucky when I
started Flyfishing, I fell in with a good crowd, with
names like Frank Brown, Bill Combs, Rip Collins and Duane
and Marlene Hada, and Leo Eck. I first fell in love with
Bamboo when a shop in Little Rock, loaned me an Orvis 8'
for 5wt, for a weekend on the Little Red, I don't remember
what model it was, but needless to say I was hooked. Bill
Combs intensified that growing interest, by showing off
his closet full of storied rods, including a Thomas
& Thomas Browntone, that was the most beautiful rod I
have ever seen. I own several "plastic rods" and fish them
from time to time, But I am really looking forward to the
day when I can do a cross body roll cast with a 7ft 4 wt,
that I have made myself, to a pod of 6-8 inch mountian
Cutthoats in a little tiny stream very near my house