Colorado Rodmakers Reunion 2005
******
The following biographies were posted on the rodmakers list and compiled by Ralph Moon. They have not been edited except to remove e-mail addresses. Contact me at the following link to add, delete, or edit your biography. I will forward all changes to Todd Talsma so he can include them on the tips site as well.

David Bolin
Contact me

Thursday, February 4, 2010

John Dotson

This thread has been great! So many of you I've had the pleasure of meeting thanks to the SRG. Many more I've corresponded with thanks to this wonder called the internet. Many more I look forward to meeting in the future. My name is John Dotson and I live in Fort Worth, Texas. I'm 57, have 4 kids, the youngest a Freshman at Rice. I was introduced to fly fishing by my father when I was 6. My family had moved form Kentucky to central Florida and built a house on the Kissimmee River. I grew up fishing in Florida, first freshwater, then salt. When I moved to Texas in 1978, I stopped. It just wasn't the same. In the late 90's, after my dad had passed, I felt the strongest pull to begin fishing again. This was a calling I couldn't resist. I grabbed a graphite rod from an Orvis store and started to figure out fishing in Texas. While cruising the internet, I came upon a bamboo rod. Beautiful. I was drawn to it as it seemed to have an aura the graphite rod lacked. A lot of research, the list, some contacts, and a couple of false starts and I built my first rod. I've build 8 now and have 3 on the bench. Thanks to Darrol and Tony and everyone at the SRG's I've attended for all your help and friendship. This has been and will be a life long journey and it gets better all the time. God bless, John