Colorado Rodmakers Reunion 2005
******
The following biographies were posted on the rodmakers list and compiled by Ralph Moon. They have not been edited except to remove e-mail addresses. Contact me at the following link to add, delete, or edit your biography. I will forward all changes to Todd Talsma so he can include them on the tips site as well.

David Bolin
Contact me

Monday, February 8, 2010

Jim Tefft

My name is Jim Tefft and I live in a small town by the name of Macedon, NY between Rochester and Syracuse. I started rod making in 2000 after retiring from a local university where I managed the Administrative Software Systems. With the help of Tony Spezio, who I visited during a 8400 mile retirement fishing trip I got my initial start. My rod making has been mainly limited to family and friends as I consider it one of my hobbies along with fly tying , "G" scale electric trains and some minor leather work. I have completed a least a dozen rods in the 3 to 7 wt range and currently build 3 piece rods as I find they travel the best when you fly. My wife Pat and I enjoy fly fishing and have been fortunate to fish in several parts of the country for trout using our bamboo. Pat and I try to attend as many Gatherings as possible every year and enjoy the camaraderie and the information that is shared.