Monday, February 8, 2010
Harry Boyd
Over the last few days, weeks, and months I have noticed several names which are unfamiliar to me. To all of you, welcome aboard. I thought it might be interesting for us to tell a little about ourselves.
I'm Harry Boyd, a semi-retired minister and full-time rod maker. Near as I can tell from searching the archives, I joined the List in June of 1997 when I was just beginning to get heavily into making rods. A great part of my enjoyment in making rods has come from my friends in the bamboo community, most of whom I first came to know through this List. I love helping introduce new rod makers to the craft the way so many who participated in this List did for me a few years back. While I do miss some of the folks who were major contributors to the List a few years ago, I welcome all the new names I see lately.
I'm in rural northeast Lousisiana. Stop by any time. The shop is always open and the coffee is always on unless I'm gone fishing (which I'm doing tomorrow).
Anybody else? Harry
I'm Harry Boyd, a semi-retired minister and full-time rod maker. Near as I can tell from searching the archives, I joined the List in June of 1997 when I was just beginning to get heavily into making rods. A great part of my enjoyment in making rods has come from my friends in the bamboo community, most of whom I first came to know through this List. I love helping introduce new rod makers to the craft the way so many who participated in this List did for me a few years back. While I do miss some of the folks who were major contributors to the List a few years ago, I welcome all the new names I see lately.
I'm in rural northeast Lousisiana. Stop by any time. The shop is always open and the coffee is always on unless I'm gone fishing (which I'm doing tomorrow).
Anybody else? Harry