Colorado Rodmakers Reunion 2005
******
The following biographies were posted on the rodmakers list and compiled by Ralph Moon. They have not been edited except to remove e-mail addresses. Contact me at the following link to add, delete, or edit your biography. I will forward all changes to Todd Talsma so he can include them on the tips site as well.

David Bolin
Contact me

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Hal Manas

I'm Hal Manas, a retired art teacher and part time hobbyist rod maker. I joined the list in June of 2000 just after taking a class from Stan Smartt on how to make a bamboo fly rod. At that point I had made one rod in the class with Stan's help. I enjoy this list about as much as I enjoy making rods. Most of the people on this list are extremely helpful if you ask a question that they know the answer to and some of us respond off list if it is not something that looks new or of interest to the whole list. I met Harry at the 2003 Greyrock gathering. I planned to attend more gatherings, but so far it has just not worked out that way. I'm in Knoxville, Tennessee and I too love coffee. I fish in the Great Smokey Mountains National Park and in the Cherokee National Forrest for the most part. We have some fine tailwater fishing around here, but I prefer to get out in the forrest and fish small streams. If you have any questions or plan to be in the area you have my e-mail address and I read it several times a day. Hal