Colorado Rodmakers Reunion 2005
******
The following biographies were posted on the rodmakers list and compiled by Ralph Moon. They have not been edited except to remove e-mail addresses. Contact me at the following link to add, delete, or edit your biography. I will forward all changes to Todd Talsma so he can include them on the tips site as well.

David Bolin
Contact me

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Charlie Cole

My name is charlie cole reidsville,nc. i am a retired tobacco buyer for Phillip Morris USA 40 yrs. treaveling the usa buying green leaf tob. at auction. I cut my teeth flyfishing on a cane rod that was made by granddad out of what ever was avaible to him, was not pretty but it worked. i grew up on his farm in south side va. and spent my summers with him growing tob. the rest of my teenage life was spent in roanoke, va, were i was introduced to trout and small mouth bass. I bought my first real bamboo rod at the tender age of 10yrs. along with reel and good flyline and real leaders and flies boy i thought i was in heven, cost (1955) 15.00 dollars still have that old rod and reel the line too not useable but the rod and reel stills work. I guess you could say i am self taught,even though i never took a class, read wayne cattanaught book anf george burns, made a lot of my tools and jigs,Thanks Harry Boyd for the loan of our plane making jigs. I have made 5 rods so far for myselg and a friend and my granddaughter, never had so much fun completly loosing my mind, I also make hex cases for my rods something that pretty deserves a good case to house it in. tight lines charlie