Colorado Rodmakers Reunion 2005
******
The following biographies were posted on the rodmakers list and compiled by Ralph Moon. They have not been edited except to remove e-mail addresses. Contact me at the following link to add, delete, or edit your biography. I will forward all changes to Todd Talsma so he can include them on the tips site as well.

David Bolin
Contact me

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Anthony Miller

My name is Anthony Miller and I go by Tony. I'm 44 yrs old. At one time, I think there was like four Tony's on the list. I looked in the archives and the earliest date I have a post is Jan. 2001. That doesn't make sense to me, because I made my first rod in 2000. I'm pretty sure I joined earlier than that, but maybe not. When I joined the list I had been restoring bamboo rods since about 1993. I made my first rod in 2000. I was a machinist at the time, but went back to college in 2001. I graduated Magna cum Laude with my bachelor degree, in history, in 2005. I went on to complete my masters degree, in education, in 2009. Presently, I'm a roaming adjunct of the humanities. I have taught classes in ancient to medieval studies, art appreciation, U.S. history, and music appreciation. Yes, I'm a democrat!!!! lol :) I live in Northwest Ohio. I have one daughter who graduated Summa cum Laude from Penn State with a degree in political science in 2009. She is now in her first semester at UConn law school. She just turned 21 in May of 2009. I'm extremely proud of her!!!!!!!!!! She will graduate from law school as she is barely turning 24. I am presently working on many aspects of rodmaking such as, documenting and researching historical bamboo fly rods and reels, to making, restoring, and selling rods. In addition, I have a finish milling machine that is almost complete. I do not fit into the mold of most rodmakers. I like to make rods listening to music like Killswitch Engage. I view rodmaking as an art first and a craft secondly. I play in four bands presently, three are acoustic bands. I play guitar and drums. It's how I pay for the rodmaking stuff. lol I am also an artist and I draw and paint. Guess what I draw and paint? You guessed it "fish." If I ever show up to any makers gatherings you will instantly know me. I drive a Jeep and and the music is loud. I like to drink, too. Wine in paticular, so if you want to be my friend buy me a bottle. Two buck chuck is ok. lmao :)) I fish around Penn State/ State College alot. I have been sighted in the Catskills on occasion. I like to fish Michigan, too. I like to saltwater fly fish in Florida and my favorite place is Cape Cod. So there is my profile. I don't post as much as I used to, but I have a Blackberry so I listen everyday. Anthony Miller M.A.